6 Affordable Eateries in Singapore
What might look like a normal eating house is actually a wheelchair-friendly food court concept developed by Project Dignity. Patrons get to enjoy no-frills, local cuisine professionally prepared by differently-abled and disadvantaged adults. There is even the option to pay-it-forward and buy a meal for someone in need.
Dignity Kitchen has height adjustable countertops for the wheelchair-bound. Entrance to their location is also wheelchair-accessible.
- Address: 69 Boon Keng Rd, #01 Red building, Singapore 339772
- Hours: 8.00am – 4.30pm (Mondays – Fridays), 8.00am – 2.00pm (Saturdays – Sundays)
- Tel: +65 9853 9086
2. Kim Dae Mun
Located at Concorde Hotel and a short walk away from Dhoby Ghaut MRT station, Kim Dae Mun is a well known name among working adults.
Their spread of authentic Korean dishes includes sizzling hot plates, comforting soups, mouth watering pancakes and more. Prices average around $7 – $10 for a main dish, with sides like rice cakes (tteokbokki) and dumplings going for about $5.
- Address: 100 Orchard Rd, #01-03D Concorde Shopping Mall, Singapore 238840
- Hours: 11.00am – 8.00pm, Tuesday – Sunday
What started as a small duck rice pushcart business in the Sembawang kampong area has boomed into 20 outlets around Singapore.
Despite their success, Yew Kee Duck Rice remains affordably delicious. Their specialty duck rice starts at about $5 and the other mains are priced similarly.
- AMK Hub
- Amoy Street Food Centre
- Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre
- Blk 443 Pasir Ris Drive 6
- Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre And Market
- Bukit Panjang Intergrated Bus Interchange
- Century Square
- Ci Yuan Hawker Centre
- Fine Food@South Spine
- Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre
- Kovan Market & Food Centre
- Marine Parade Food Centre
- Newton Food Centre (Temporary Closed)
- Our Tampines Hub Hawker Centre
- People’s Park Food Centre
- Seletar Mall
- Sembawang MRT Station
- Kallang Wave Mall
- Sembawang Shopping Centre
Ayam Penyet Ria is a family-owned restaurant serving authentic Indonesian food. They are most known for their signature dish, ayam penyet and their signature spicy sambal. Besides ayam penyet, they also serve a range of Indonesian dishes like gado-gado, tempeh, ikan dori and more.
Mains range from about $7 – $14.
- Lucky Plaza
- Jurong Point
- Rivervale Mall
- Woods Square
- Tampines Food Co.
5. Zam Zam
Established in 1908, Zam Zam’s reputation as one of the most popular Indian-Muslim restaurants in Singapore is no exaggeration. They are known for amazing nasi biryani, murtabak, roti prata and more!
Regular portioned menu items range $5 – $10.
- Address: 697-699 North Bridge Rd, Singapore 198675
- Hours: 7.00am – 11.00pm, everyday
- Tel: +65 6298 6320
6. Green Bliss Habitat
Tucked in a cosy corner in Fortune Centre, Green Bliss Habitat offers a calm haven for diners. Their vegetarian menu does not compromise on variety and offers a range of rice, noodles, porridge and stir fry dishes.
Main dishes range from about $4.50 to $10.
- Address: 190 Middle Rd, #02-01 Fortune Centre, Singapore 188979
- Hours: 10.30am – 8.30pm, Friday – Wednesday (closed on Thursdays)
- Tel: +65 6917 0946
At Medical Assistance4u
Our team of medically trained staff at Medical Assistance4u can provide you with consultation services to assist you in providing good elderly care and finding the right assistive tool and medical equipment.
We also provide services like installation and repair services, relocation and disposal services for bulky medical equipment, home care services and transport for your wheelchair-bound loved ones.