Integrated Home and Day Care (IHDC) Programme
What is IHDC?
The IHDC programme can be thought of as a care plan that is personalised to meet the care needs of the elderly client. It aims to help seniors maintain independence and quality of life in their communities for as long as possible.
Elderly clients will have the flexibility of different combinations of care services in their homes, nearby day care centres or both. The care needs are reviewed regularly to ensure the changing needs of seniors overtime are met.
Targeted group of IHDC
This package targets frail seniors who want to stay at home but who need the care services and support of nursing homes.
With the seamless and holistic IHDC package, these seniors are able to continue residing at home with their loved ones. The IHDC also provides support for the caregivers throughout the care journey.
What are the services provided?
- After Hours Helpline Dementia care (E.g. mind strengthening exercises)
- Transportation to and from IHDC Centre
- Rehabilitation (Eg. Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy)
- Needs Assessment and Care Coordination
- Caregiver Support (e.g. escort to medical appointments)
- Day Care Services (E.g. recreational therapy, meals, exercises)
- Medical and Nursing Care (E.g. medication review and assistance, urinary catheter care and changing, wound management, tracheostomy care)
How to apply for IHDC?
Contact one of the following to find out more:
- Medical social worker, nurse or doctor at the hospital
- AIC representative at 1800-650-6060
- Visit any AIC Link (locations listed here)
IHDC providers are listed here.
You may also visit the online E-care Locator to find service providers near you.
At Medical Assistance4u
Our team of medically trained staff at Medical Assistance4u can provide you with consultation services to assist you in providing good elderly care and finding the right assistive tool and medical equipment.
We also provide services like installation and repair services, relocation and disposal services for bulky medical equipment, home care services and transport for your wheelchair-bound loved ones.